- STEWARDS: Mrs M Babb, Miss D Babb 9752 3847
- Prize Money: First $10; Second $5 Entry Fee: $1
- PRIZE MONEY CAN BE COLLECTED SATURDAY AFTER 9 AM
- PLEASE READ SCHEDULE CAREFULLY and comply as specified.
- Transparent covers to be used. (Clear oven bags, cellophane). NO GLADWRAP. Not to be sealed please.
- Exhibit tickets to be attached to plate or exhibit.
- Cakes to be un-iced unless specified.
- Scone bases to be free of flour.
- Cake rack marks not to be evident.
- Youth classes open to exhibitors under 18 years of age.
- A voucher has been donated by Manns Newsagency for best across the YOUTH classes.
Please display on paper or plastic plates. Bread to be made the day before.
- A trophy has been donated by Brew n Bottle for best exhibit in classes 1 to 3.
- 1 Sweet iced buns, 4 only.
- 2 Loaf machine made bread, any type.
- 3 YOUTH handmad bread, any type.
SCONES & Muffins & Small Cakes
Please display on paper or plastic plates.
- A trophy has been donated by Christian & Co for best exhibit in classes 4 to 13.
- 4 Plain Scones, 4 only.
- 5 Pumpkin Scones, 4 only.
- 6 Fruit Scones, any type, 4 only.
- 7 YOUTH scones, 4 only.
- 8 Muffins, savoury, 4 only.
- 9 Muffins, sweet, 4 only.
- 10 YOUTH Muffins, sweet 4 only.
- 11 Pikelets, 4 only.
- 12 Cup cakes, iced, 4 only.
- 13 YOUTH Cup cakes, iced, 4 only
Biscuits & Slices
Please display on paper or plastic plates. Biscuits should be no larger than 7cm & slice no more than 5 x 5cm..
- A voucher has been donated by Coles Supermarket Busselton for best exhibit in classes 14 to 21.
- 14 Choc Chip biscuits, 6 only.
- 15 Anzac biscuits, 6 only.
- 16 YOUTH Anzac biscuits, 6 only.
- 17 Shortbread biscuits, 6 only.
- 18 Savoury biscuits, 6 only.
- 19 YOUTH Savoury Biscuits, 6 only.
- 20 YOUTH Chocolate Brownies, 6 only
- 21 Cheese Cake Slive, use following recipe, 4 only
Ingredients: 185g butter, ¼ C cocoa powder, 1 C castor sugar, 2 eggs, 1 C plain flour, 250g cream cheese, ⅓ C castor sugar extra, 1 egg,.
Method: Use 20x30cm tin. Place butter and cocoa in a saucepan and melt over low heat. Remove from heat and add the sugar, beat the eggs and add, stir in flour, beat until smooth. Beat cream cheese with the extra sugar, add egg and beat until smooth. Pour over chocolate mixture, swirl through with a knife for marbled effect. Bake at 180° for approx 35 minutes. Turn off oven , open the door and allow to cool in tin.
- A trophy has been donated by Dymocks Busselton for Best Exhibit in classes 22 to 32.
Please display on paper or plastic plate. Fruit cakes may be placed on firmer plates or board.
All cakes to be no larger than 25cm.
- 22 Sponge Cake, not split or iced.
- 23 Zucchini and Walnut Loaf, make in a loaf tin
- 24 Chocolate Cake, uniced.
- 25 YOUTH Chocolate cake, uniced.
- 26 Carrot Cake, uniced.
- 27 YOUTH Carrot Cake, uniced.
- 28 Banana Cake, uniced.
- 29 YOUTH Banana Cake, uniced.
- 30 Fruit Cake, any variety.
- 31 Sultana Cake
- 32 Man’s cake, any variety, must be unaided effort of male entrant.
All cakes to be displayed on plates or boards no larger than 30 x 30cm.
- A trophy has been donated by Christian & Co for best exhibit in classes 33 to 36.
- 33 Gingerbread House
- 34 YOUTH Gingerbread House
- 35 18th Birthday cake using any icings & decorations
- 36 YOUTH 18th Birthday cake using any icings & decorations
Children’s Cooking in Section W
Nominations: Please make sure nominations forms are received at the show office, Churchill Park, by 12 noon Wednesday 26 October.
Delivering Exhibits: Exhibits must be staged by 9.45am on Friday 28 Octobber.
Sorry, no late nominations can be accepted.
Collection: Please collect exhibitions Saturday 29 October between 4.15 & 5pm. Exhibits can only be collected by showing ‘Receipt of Entry’